Introduce yo self!!

[NG] brandon

Introduce yo self!!

Postby [NG] brandon » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:16 pm

Is this forum even gonna be a thing!? Who knows! Might as well start by introducing ourselves though.

I'm Brandon, and I started this Necrosoft Games company a while back, but now it's more of a communal thing, with a bunch of weirdos working on weird games!! Before this, I started http://www.insertcredit.com, and used to write for Game Developer magazine and Gamasutra.com. I collect Saturn and PC Engine games, and records from around the world. I've got a lot of weird 70s rock from Korea, Poland, Hungary, etc - I'm gonna rip them some day, I reckon!

Okay, your turn.

Ikupasuy

Re: Introduce yo self!!

Postby Ikupasuy » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:01 am

I'm Gil.

I started gaming with the SEGA Genesis, had a Dreamcast and took some years off after that went south. I currently have a PS4, PS3, Vita, PS TV and PSPgo (as well as all SEGA consoles starting at Genesis plus Game Gear). I attend CEO fighting game tournament every year. The next one will be 6/26/15. I'll be running a couple of pools for Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.

I enjoy watching Boxing which I started with the Manny - Mayweather match this year. I feel like I mighta been the only person that appreciated the way it was boxed (though not entertaining to most).

Nana

Postby Nana » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:24 am

Nice to meet you all!

I'm into horror films, experimental music, and unique games. I'm a programmer and make games myself, but don't have anything presentable just yet. I also collect import games on the Saturn and PS1 (Twinkle Star Sprites represent!); what a strange, imperfect and fantastic era for gaming that was.

Favorite films are Blue Velvet, Gozu, and A Snake of June.
Favorite artists are Keiji Haino, Les Rallizes Denudes, and The Gerogerigegege.
Favorite games are Sin & Punishment, Mushihimesama Futari, and Space Harrier.

Oh, and I got my name from the album 'NanaNanaNanaNanaNanaNana' by Chinese noise artist 'Torturing Nurse.' Good stuff.

[NG] brandon

Postby [NG] brandon » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:59 am

Ikupasuy wrote:I attend CEO fighting game tournament every year. The next one will be 6/26/15. I'll be running a couple of pools for Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.

Yo yo!! You should go play Gunsport when you're at CEO! We're making that too. I never really go into P4A, something about the combo chains doesn't jive with my brain. What's a good point of entry!?

Ikupasuy wrote:I enjoy watching Boxing which I started with the Manny - Mayweather match this year. I feel like I mighta been the only person that appreciated the way it was boxed (though not entertaining to most).

I still haven't seen the match, but I've heard a couple other folks saying the same - they respect the craft of it, just wasn't very entertaining.

Nana wrote:I'm into horror films, experimental music, and unique games.

That sounds about right for this place!! Out here in oakland we have this place called the life changing ministries, which is a former church that hosts experimental music of various types. I particularly enjoyed this guy from St. Petersburg who put homemade electronics kit all over his body, and made music by moving his body slightly, degaussing a CRT, etc. Nice stuff.

If you love horror films, you're gonna be suuuuuuuuuuuper pleased when we announce our next thing.
HONK HONK

Oni-Ken

Postby Oni-Ken » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:08 am

Yo, My name is Vaughan.

At the moment I'm working on an RPG based around Irish mythology. Going well, just have to finish the enemy artwork and have it play tested a few times (And spell checked since I'm dyslexic to fuck). Other than that I make films, practice Karate, study Japanese and of course consume an unhealthy amount of anime and games.

どうぞよろしくおねがいします。

[NG] brandon

Postby [NG] brandon » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:34 pm

Oh neat! Do you have anything you can share about it visually?
HONK HONK

[NG] Shane

Postby [NG] Shane » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:54 pm

Hi all I'm Shane, one of several humans at Necrosoft. I used to have a whole bunch of video games, then I sold everything I owned and now I just have a suit case!

Nana

Postby Nana » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:33 am

[NG] brandon wrote:Out here in oakland we have this place called the life changing ministries, which is a former church that hosts experimental music of various types. I particularly enjoyed this guy from St. Petersburg who put homemade electronics kit all over his body, and made music by moving his body slightly, degaussing a CRT, etc. Nice stuff.

That sounds pretty great. I was heading out to San Jose sometime in July, so I'll definitely have to keep that in mind if there happen to be any shows on. I swear that guy with the TV sounds awful familiar though -- I'm pretty sure I've heard some stories about him on the Troniks/Chondritic Sound forum waaay back in the day when it was the place to be for noise fans.

[NG]brandon wrote:If you love horror films, you're gonna be suuuuuuuuuuuper pleased when we announce our next thing.

Hell yeah. I'm not gonna ask for details, but can I ask a couple of your favorite movies?

Oni-Ken wrote:[xxxxxxxxx]

Way cool. How long have you been studying Japanese for? I've been working on it myself, and should actually be heading out to Japan for a year to take some college courses in a few months here. If you have anything you're okay with showing, I'd be very interested in seeing both the films you make and the game you're working on.

[NG] Shane wrote:I used to have a whole bunch of video games, then I sold everything I owned and now I just have a suit case!

Congratulations! I'm glad you made it out before I did. Nice to meet you.

[NG] brandon

Postby [NG] brandon » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:44 pm

If we're talking horror movies, I like a lot of the sort of existential dread classics like Carnival of Souls, Black Sunday (big Bava fan), and Night of the Living Dead. In the goofier/experimental arena, I like things like Vampire Planet, Night of the Creeps (some great moments in that one even though it's more of a comedy), Demons, The Deadly Spawn, and of course Re-Animator.

I've also seen Nosferatu and the Cabinet of Dr Caligari about a dozen times each.

I'm not super big on modern stuff, but I appreciated some aspects of The Horde, I thought Dark Water had some good monstrous concepts, and believe it or not I quite liked the Dawn of the Dead remake. I think my favorite sub-genre within horror is the goofier/more experimental 70s/80s stuff though. How about you!?
HONK HONK

DosE

Postby DosE » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:34 am

hi, i'm Devin, i live in Canada, i just got every tooth in my face ripped out.
If yer gonna piss in your Chlorox, don't smoke.

[NG] Shane

Postby [NG] Shane » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:54 pm

DosE wrote:hi, i'm Devin, i live in Canada, i just got every tooth in my face ripped out.
That doesn't sound too good!

[NG] brandon

Postby [NG] brandon » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:09 pm

that's maybe too many teeth
HONK HONK

DosE

Postby DosE » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:31 pm

they were all rotten anyway. i really liked gunhouse, and i can't wait to get oh deer! do you know how long it will be up on the store for? will you make more games? ever heard a bandcalled PiLE they're from boston? i draw, paint, play guitar and am a veteran intronaut.

DosE

Postby DosE » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:35 pm

You guys are super creative in that ultra balanced odd(different, special)way. Gunhouse is perfection in my books! I especially like the narrator who says things after each wave, the one where thechild lost his tooth hit me right in the jingles. too awesome.

DosE

Postby DosE » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:39 pm

p.s. ive never, ever, posted or joined a forum, ever(did i mention never)so this is a little strange for me. I'm used to seeing and feeling peoples reactions to what i say so this mode of communication is slightly foreign to me. bear with me.

DosE

Postby DosE » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:41 pm

yeah it was a sht load of teeth to get out(though there were only 18 whole teeth left)when i woke from surgery i thought my face was HUGE! theres a story there if you wanna hear it, tell me.

[NG] brandon

Postby [NG] brandon » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:28 pm

Well, welcome to your first ever forum, and goodbye forever, teeth!

Glad you liked Gunhouse, and especially the narrator. She is based loosely on a friend of mine who died at a couple years ago at 19, since we're getting weird and dark anyway. I actually had a dream about her last night, where she said "I'm an adult now, so that's why my hair is like this." it was super intense blonde ringlets, like karin from street fighter alpha 3, except everything about her was ashen and pastel.

As for the tooth story, I mean, what else are we here for!? let's have it.

[edit] oh, and I didn't really know pile, but I've looked them up now - not 100% my bag since the 90s rock vibe chafes me in general, but I can definitely appreciate what they're about. They're doing that stuff quite well. I'm liking the song "the jones."

In the 90s-influenced vein, I like A Place to Bury Strangers, and sometimes Qui.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsKKxkZGcUw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6YKGJToe9w

[edit 2] this pile band is growing on me.
HONK HONK

DosE

Postby DosE » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:08 pm

yea, the jones rules(well not actual jonesing but you get it)! The browns is also awesome. It's super odd you'd mention that female friend who passeds' hairstyle, a few years ago i walligent, knew more than me, and of me, but then the person i thought she was sould st, i followed her up the self own, at which point i was at there was all these yles mixed and the any oms eople doi(everyonves thorouguy}, no arc dow here, i felt at home, bive also me if wanted", to which i replied "y signed(there, he explained, to swears and floor manormal looking om type do eyes me both were seeing which was , i then noticed he was ME(but had made different choices), and he had the same haircut as the girl in your pic shaved off, so only the sweet habit,of that, i just" to which i said"yeah, the mu are", his rebuttle was" well, as they are" this filling towards my all reminded me of.
Last edited by DosE on Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

DosE

Postby DosE » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:35 pm

the hospital stm breaking my nose,, so i cthrough my nose. i woke fd slightly, asit felt like my mouth wasg two or threeegy all underevious frate nice and much less controlling after realizing they had ed a chokingly hilarious explosionorum rule or something(stupid i know), i'm glad you're enjoying PIL(magic isn't real is a good album)E i'm also listening to mf dooms special now, i am genre neutral i listen to mostly everything(if yo it is to talk to someone as open and honest as you again, i thought you guys were all dead. later
Last edited by DosE on Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

DosE

Postby DosE » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:36 pm

sorry abiut he novels as i said i prefer talking in real life as i can't type very fast.

DosE

Postby DosE » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:37 pm

*about the

DosE

Postby DosE » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:55 pm

i listened to those links you posted, not my thing RIGHT NOW though i'm pretty sure at some point i could like it, my only REAL friend killed himself last year, and it kinda screwed me up we were friends since 1997, thanks though, it was thought-provoking.
Last edited by DosE on Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

DosE

Postby DosE » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:00 pm

i'm not saying their bad or musically untalented or invaluable, because they are(talented)just not my glass of pickled moose urine. though i did like the qui! maybe some other songs might do it for me. Any other bands in the hip/trip hop genre you like? Also, maybe check out Ty Segall he plays like surfer rock type jerry lee lewis shit(i like the album Melted)It is 30°c or for those under imperial rule 88°F with no breeze. got paid today! I'm buyin oh deer! right now.
Last edited by DosE on Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

DosE

Postby DosE » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:28 pm

I've been writing game/mechanics ideas down for a long time now. I like the word æther. shit, sort went on spiel there. You should have a section for aimless tirades.

[NG] brandon

Postby [NG] brandon » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:12 pm

That's some pretty intense stuff - the dream reminds me of an actual time I had in tokyo, but I'm gonna write about that some day in the future (you can read another version of it in Tim Rogers' 2nd book). In the end: I'm glad you're still alive after all that!

I guess this might be the section for aimless tirades!? I'm not sure. We'll see how it evolves. Hip/Trip hop, well, I quite like the prunes. It used to be quite difficult to find anything by them, but I guess someone put some stuff up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOBgoT7VRPk obviously more trip hop-ish here.

hip hop... I like the kuduro vibe that went around in the mid-2000s. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TWXXyaCQJM
and nicky da b's new orleans bounce style: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3333_3r0Jwk

also recommend louis futon: https://louisfuton.bandcamp.com/album/alright-alright
https://soundcloud.com/louisfuton
HONK HONK

Luminance Bloom

Postby Luminance Bloom » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:00 am

this thread seems fun!

I do poetry for a living. I like to think of what I do as the literary equivalent of noise music.

This is what that looks like.

I played my first video game two years ago. It was Dragon Quest II on actual NES hardware and it was because of something that I read on insert credit.

[NG] brandon

Postby [NG] brandon » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:58 am

Yeah I'd read that zine!

whoa, two years ago! insert credit sure is a web site.

what have you played since then??
HONK HONK

DosE

Postby DosE » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:05 am

also, check out Death grips if you haven't, ex military is an album i like. oh and express yo self! could be the aimless rant place, though id probably fill it in a day.

Nana

Postby Nana » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:09 am

Yo, I love this Luminance Bloom. May I ask which one of these submissions is yours?

I particularly enjoy 'Nana,' for some supernatural reason;

[NG] brandon

Postby [NG] brandon » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:24 am

Nana, you should share some music I think

somehow my last post got lost, but I was saying to DosE - I know death grips, because they're from sacramento! And also that you should just start a thread called "DosE's Journal" and go to town in there.
HONK HONK

Nana

Postby Nana » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:48 am

I am super okay with this idea.

DosE

Postby DosE » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:01 am

that'd be sickness! i could mentally erupt there.

DosE

Postby DosE » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:09 am

i really wanna put all the dreams and weird things that have happened to me while hitch hiking and living on the street, into a book of short story type things. but im not sure if i should use microsoft word(i hate punctuation and grammar{im not terrible at them, i just find them to be tedious}in fact in grade school i was the best at spelling in grades 1-5, til Kelly Chicoose came along(bastard!)he could outspell me in his sleep(though i never admitted it to him)he gave me my second guinea pig "boober" bless her soul, she lived for 7 years and was huge! i am good at this things(sorry couldn't resist the purposeful misuse of this!)

DosE

Postby DosE » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:16 am

me? start a thread? How?

Nana

Postby Nana » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:50 am

DosE: To start a new thread, click on the 'new topic' button while browsing the forum.

DosE

Postby DosE » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:33 am

i found "your posts", "new posts" and "active topics". i clicked pretty much everything else(i do this from my vita logging in to the apple is WAY to much effort) i am not forum savvy, never done this ever before, sorry about that. i'd like to start a topic, but i think i am too dumb! the forum glitches hard on my oled vita when im listening to music with the music app, and it goes to the music!(maybe...)

Nana

Postby Nana » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:19 am

adamazing

Postby adamazing » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:15 pm

[NG] Shane wrote:Hi all I'm Shane, one of several humans at Necrosoft. I used to have a whole bunch of video games, then I sold everything I owned and now I just have a suit case!

Even Lost Planet?!?
CAUTION: Challenge of over 100 3D moves.

DosE

Postby DosE » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:19 pm

thanks nana!!

adamazing

oddly familiar

Postby adamazing » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:21 pm

I'm Adam. I've only ever posted on one other forum. It was the Lost Plant section of Capcom-Unity. What a good game. A great game.

I like reading stuff, but when it comes to posting I always fail my "who gives a shit test." As in, why would anyone want to read this? I'll just not post anything.

Lost Planet was cool and has cool people that liked it. I guess I felt cool posting there. Hey, it all worked out! I posted more and more and became of moderator over there. Got to go on cool trips, meet cool people, and get cool stuff. Ben Judd carried me in his muscular arms.

Here I am again. On another forum. Why am I here? I don't really know. I know Oh, Deer is pretty sweet. And Gunsport looks pretty radass. And Brandon seems like a cool dude. And some more ands.

Cool

Just like the weather on EDN III.

DosE

Postby DosE » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:26 pm

o mi gawd! i fucking LOVE lost planet!!!! the snow is soooooo AWESOME!!! see i live in saskatoon and we have snow 8 months of the year, so i like it alot. no games have snow(what the hells up with that?)have you ever been naked in public? i have. it was...strange.

DosE

Postby DosE » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:29 pm

you know yesterday i was trying to find the make a new topic button and i stumbled upon the list of forum users and i read your name twice cause i mispronounced it the first time, then i tried to imagine what you were like and whether your name was adam or not, and now youre here!!! uncanny.

DosE

Postby DosE » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:33 pm

oh. i guess you're gone, oh well(geez just when i was gettin revved up to talk for hours(or a few really intense minutes!)i just woke up at 1:11pm. oh well, i really do like lost planet. and i really did read your name twice. i live in a bad neighbourhood.

adamazing

Postby adamazing » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:35 pm

DosE wrote:o mi gawd! i fucking LOVE lost planet!!!! the snow is soooooo AWESOME!!! see i live in saskatoon and we have snow 8 months of the year, so i like it alot. no games have snow(what the hells up with that?)

I think that's what initially drew me to it. Then the fun controls and incredible detail of everything. Like, everything is believable (the design of the Vital Suits).

have you ever been naked in public? i have. it was...strange.

I don't think I have. I guess I'd remember. I hope it wasn't snowing for you!

adamazing

Postby adamazing » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:37 pm

DosE wrote:you know yesterday i was trying to find the make a new topic button and i stumbled upon the list of forum users and i read your name twice cause i mispronounced it the first time, then i tried to imagine what you were like and whether your name was adam or not, and now youre here!!! uncanny.

My favorite misreading has been Adam-uh-ZING! Pretty funny.

I used to go by "Man Is Obsolete," but everything thought I was a lesbian and hated men. Then it was "Urkel Jerk," and everyone read it in the accent of the "bad guys" in Team America. This was all on Xbox Live though, so it's understandable.

[NG] Shane

Postby [NG] Shane » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:11 am

adamazing wrote:Even Lost Planet?!?
Unfortunately! I didn't have anywhere to store my stuff, and I was moving a lot! Luckily though If I want it back I reckon that game is like 2 Euro now.

adamazing wrote:I'm Adam. I've only ever posted on one other forum. It was the Lost Plant section of Capcom-Unity. What a good game. A great game.

I like reading stuff, but when it comes to posting I always fail my "who gives a shit test." As in, why would anyone want to read this? I'll just not post anything.

Lost Planet was cool and has cool people that liked it. I guess I felt cool posting there. Hey, it all worked out! I posted more and more and became of moderator over there. Got to go on cool trips, meet cool people, and get cool stuff. Ben Judd carried me in his muscular arms.

Here I am again. On another forum. Why am I here? I don't really know. I know Oh, Deer is pretty sweet. And Gunsport looks pretty radass. And Brandon seems like a cool dude. And some more ands.

Cool

Just like the weather on EDN III.
Do you still post on the Capcom-Unity forums? I mostly hung out in the Monster Hunter since it seemed relatively quiet, and I was playing the game a lot at the time! I can't really remember why I stopped posting, but I remember talking to Shawn maybe a year later and he said he left Capcom because of his religion. I thought it was joke...but I guess that's a thing people do sometimes!! I do kind of miss playing Lost Planet, but I also don't wanna keep playing the same game forever!!

DosE

Postby DosE » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:29 am

i just started monster hunter freedom unite, its a psp game(i play on my vita though). no it was summer in nanaimo b.c., im watching a movie so il l tell you the story later.

adamazing

Postby adamazing » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:53 pm

[NG] Shane wrote:Do you still post on the Capcom-Unity forums? I mostly hung out in the Monster Hunter since it seemed relatively quiet, and I was playing the game a lot at the time! I can't really remember why I stopped posting, but I remember talking to Shawn maybe a year later and he said he left Capcom because of his religion. I thought it was joke...but I guess that's a thing people do sometimes!! I do kind of miss playing Lost Planet, but I also don't wanna keep playing the same game forever!!

Not really... Everyone was leaving the company because "things aren't that great." And yeah, Shawn left because he was a born again Jehovah's Witness. He didn't to have anything in his life with violence, magic, etc. He moved to NY, and started a lot of charity work. I was pretty amazed and surprised. He left his dream job! But hey, if he believes in and loves something that much, I can't blame him. But... I knew he wouldn't last though. He loves Monster Hunter and Fable too much... hahaha. He bought a Wii U and a 360 again recently, so he can play them.

As for Unity, there's just way too much hate and "fanboy stuff" going on there now. It started off being a fun place, but there's just too much "internet" there... ESPECIALLY after Mega Man Legends 3 was cancelled. They might as well have changed the website URL to "www.vitriol.com." It was really bad. And of course, with Lost Planet 3, that made a lot of people leave/not care, too.

[NG] brandon

Postby [NG] brandon » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:56 am

I'm not really sure what the deal was with lost planet 3. people didn't like it, I gather............?
HONK HONK

Nana

Postby Nana » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:00 am

Yet another entry in the 'outsourced to western devs' saga.

Return to “Non-Necrosoft”