A teaser for the future of oh, deer!

[NG] brandon

A teaser for the future of oh, deer!

Postby [NG] brandon » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:37 pm

As you may know, in the final game we're going to have the graphics get darker and lighter depending on whether you hit or avoid deer. We've got a mockup of how the dark path will look, from our old pal Junkboy. Check it out!

And here are the pyramids you all know and love, in their dark and light forms. This image is unfinished, and not implemented in the game, yet! But should give you an idea of where we're going.

heck yeahhhhhhhhh
HONK HONK

Nana

Re: A teaser for the future of oh, deer!

Postby Nana » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:11 am

That's sick! I didn't even realize there were multiple paths before, to be honest. I thought the music chosen for the stages was randomized for a while, or actually set to change depending on how many times you play in a row (because I was alternating between going for as many or few deer as I could). Would love to see these in action.

[NG] brandon

Postby [NG] brandon » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:56 am

Yeah, right now the music is the only indicator of path change. Three different ending songs, too!!
HONK HONK

chato

Postby chato » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:25 pm

It's great that you are going for that trippy aesthetics in the Good path, gotta love those candy illuminati pyramids.

[NG] brandon

Postby [NG] brandon » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:34 pm

The deer will have human smiles and giant anime eyes, during those sequences.
HONK HONK

chato

Postby chato » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:12 am

[NG] brandon wrote:The deer will have human smiles and giant anime eyes, during those sequences.

Nice! Now we just need the Forest God from Princess Mononoke as final boss and the game will have the attention of the weeabo media :D

BTW, if we have some ideas for scenarios and stuff, could we send you some concept art? I mean, the artowrk so far is great but, maybe it needs to be more... deer

Sorry, I couldn't resist :mrgreen:

Nana

Postby Nana » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:16 pm

Do you have any paintings available for sale chato?

chato

Postby chato » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:41 pm

Nana wrote:Do you have any paintings available for sale chato?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: From time to time I come across someone that insists that I should open for low quality montages/drawings comissions :D Maybe one day I should put my time and effort to make something decent, but it isn't nearly as fun :mrgreen:

[NG] brandon

Postby [NG] brandon » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:23 pm

HAH! That is some good stuff right there. Forest god is close to our "big points" deer that we're planning on putting in. I'd feel guilty hitting the real one though............
HONK HONK

chato

Postby chato » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:57 pm

[NG] brandon wrote:HAH! That is some good stuff right there. Forest god is close to our "big points" deer that we're planning on putting in. I'd feel guilty hitting the real one though............

Crazy idea: add a Lucideer in the Bad Path and if you kill him you become king of the Deermons with a shitload of bust :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Maybe we could make a brainstorming/suggestion thread so everyone can share his crazy thoughts and have some laughs ^^

Nana

Postby Nana » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:47 pm

[NG] brandon wrote:HAH! That is some good stuff right there. Forest god is close to our "big points" deer that we're planning on putting in. I'd feel guilty hitting the real one though............

So you're telling me your reward for avoiding all of the deer in the game is to be greeted and thanked by the big god of deer... and you're allowed to run him over too?

[NG] brandon

Postby [NG] brandon » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:49 pm

or maybe confronted, rather than thanked!
HONK HONK

Return to “Necrosoft”