Gunsport at EGX

[NG] Shane

Gunsport at EGX

Postby [NG] Shane » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:22 am

Hi all! I'm going to be demoing the latest version of Gunsport at EGX in the Indie Megabooth. If you've played Gunsport before then there's three new teams for you to check out!

---

I've also got a Club Nintendo Mario Galaxy Soundtrack and some CDs from the Tokyo Gaming Showcase that I want to get rid of. So if you want them come by the booth and let me know.

[NG] Shane

Re: Gunsport at EGX

Postby [NG] Shane » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:34 pm

Oh holy heck my legs are falling of me from standing at this event! I'll try an do an update tomorrow, and show off some cool stuff from the show floor.

[NG] brandon

Postby [NG] brandon » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:09 pm

do that update! an EGX postmortem would be cool.
HONK HONK

[NG] Shane

Postby [NG] Shane » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:04 am

So here's a collection of photos I took!

Here's where our space was at the Indie Megabooth. (Next to another game being published by Iron Galaxy, Videoball.)

Dropsy was in the Megabooth too!

This was probably the best game I played at EGX. It's a one button game called Cerulean Moon. You could play it on iPad or using a custom controller with a dial. If you like Mario level design you'll probably enjoy this game

ImageImage

I finally got to check out Iconoclast by our buddy Joakim. This is a really beautiful game. You should check it out when it eventually comes out!

ImageImage

I wanted to play Xenoblade Chronicles X but the demo they had set up was pretty bad so I played Star Fox instead. That game felt pretty alright!

ImageImage

I watched people play a few matches, but I hadn't read up on any of the low level changes for V so I can't really tell you all that much.

ImageImage

I got to play Mirrors Edge 2 early in the morning. They've really changed the controls for this game. Now all climing and sliding is done with the two left shoulder buttons. Combat has been simplified to the point where I didn't seem to have to react at the right time to knock them out.

Even with all these changes the game still keeps the core challenge of spatial awareness and strategic traversal of geometry. So maybe it'll be good when it comes out!

The Star Wars Battlefront queues were crazy. They also had a life size Tie Fighter on the show floor.

ImageImage

This was the youtube gaming stage. During the event we got to livestream Gunsport on stage. You can check out a video of that here

This was at the entrance to the over 18's section Squre Enix had made for the show. I decided not to taste something that looked so vile. But there was plenty people at the Megabooth who did and regretted it later!

Square-Enix's over 18's section had without a doubt the most amount of props and pantomime compared to any other part of the show floor. It certainly made me think about how kids were banned from the one section of the show floor that was build for child like senses!

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

As you can see, the press room was very busy! I don't think I ever saw anyone use this section.

Some cool cars!

James?

Postby James? » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:55 am

This is really interesting. Not sure what Squenix thought they were up to, that all seems a bit odd.
Cerulean Moon looks interesting. I love seeing games that take good advantage of touch controls (not enough games do that well). Sadly, touch will never catch up with actual buttons for me - the tactile sensation is just to nice to trade for a screen.

I hope you guys had fun?

[NG] brandon

Postby [NG] brandon » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:09 pm

Cerulean moon had a really nice interface at the Busan Indie Connect - it used a dial in custom hardware instead of the touchscreen! It was real nice.
HONK HONK

Return to “Necrosoft”