Oh, Deer! on PSTV

[NG] brandon

Oh, Deer! on PSTV

Postby [NG] brandon » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:25 am

Hey folks! We've gotten a lot of requests, like maybe two dozen so far, for Oh, Deer! Alpha on PSTV. And we'd love to do it, but the trouble is it's not totally up to us. Basically, Sony has a vetting process for PSTV, and we were told it can take up to three weeks. We found this out right before launch, and as you all probably know, there are only three weeks left in which to even get Oh, Deer! Alpha before PSM disappears.

So it seems like it might be an impossible dream. BUT! I have mailed my Sony contacts again, asking whether it's possible. Cross your fingers!

I'm curious though, what have been your best experiences with PSTV so far?
HONK HONK

Espiox

Re: Oh, Deer! on PSTV

Postby Espiox » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:52 pm

I've been having a lot of fun playing Persona 4 Golden on mine. I finished Danganronpa 2 on there too.

I really hope Oh Deer comes to PSTV! I got mine on the European store - don't know if you'd have to get it white listed for each region separately.

[NG] brandon

Postby [NG] brandon » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:56 pm

Is it simply that you enjoy playing these games on your TV, as a more sit-down experience? I'm trying to build a case to Sony for why Oh, Deer! should come over there...
HONK HONK

otaku_no_bfm

Postby otaku_no_bfm » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:06 pm

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for posting this and approaching Sony about PSTV support.

As for my reasons, besides wanting all Vita games on PSTV, I'll mention a few here ; )

I really enjoy arcade-style twitch games, and have good memories of arcades. I like playing games like TxK, Titan Attacks!, Resogun, Minutes, and Ultratron while standing right in front of the TV and would love to be able to with Oh Deer! as well.

Secondly, I also have fond memories of 8 and 16-bit systems and love seeing the chunky graphics really big and being able to play with a full-sized controller.

Third, I think the music deserves to be pumped out of my surround-sound system really loud!

I hope this helps you, and gives Sony an idea of how much people love PSTV. I wish I could buy a whole skid of them and give them to all my friends.

Thanks also for making such a great game. I just got to Granny's on my coffee break today!

[NG] brandon

Postby [NG] brandon » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:33 pm

Hmmmmmm, yeah, hearing the music on big speakers is a pretty compelling reason!! I think treating PSTV like a bit of an arcade machine kind of works too. Thanks for the feedback!

And congrats on getting to granny's - what was your hit/miss ratio!? I've still not managed to do a 100% deer hit run myself yet, but 100% miss I've done!!
HONK HONK

Espiox

Postby Espiox » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:45 pm

Since I tend to just play Vita games at home anyway, I prefer to play them on my nice big TV. Besides, with no touch controls, Oh Deer is a perfect little arcade experience for PSTV.

[NG] brandon

Postby [NG] brandon » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:05 am

Yeah, that's exactly why we went with no touch controls, in the hopes we could get it on PSTV! Well, let's hope Sony responds favorably then!
HONK HONK

Ikupasuy

Postby Ikupasuy » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:04 am

While I do enjoy playing Oh, Deer! and other titles on my handheld, being able to play it on my TV means I don't have to worry about battery life and I can more easily show people. I can stream/record footage that way without having to mod my Vita.

My philosophy has always been that the ultimate console would be one that you could play on the go but then when you get home you can hook up to your TV, which is why I the PSPgo is my favorite handheld, followed by Vita/PS TV (because they're two separate pieces of hardware).

[NG] brandon

Postby [NG] brandon » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:07 am

Yeah, that all makes sense! I guess that was the dream with PS3/Vita cross play, except that sort of works in reverse. It's not ideal! And I totally forgot the PSPgo could be hooked up to the TV. I legitimately like the PSP in general... I played so many tactics games on that dang thing! I should get Valkyria Chronicles 3 before it disappears into the universe. Hmm.
HONK HONK

CaliBoi420k

Postby CaliBoi420k » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:54 am

A concern I'm having regarding the PSTV release is the games absence on the PSM store on the PSTV's store.
I understand this is probably because the game isn't compatible with the PSTV, but I lack the vita handheld (was stolen about a year ago) and only have the PSTV.

So here's hoping everything works out re: it all being on Sony's hands at this point (only downside being that ABDN's games have zero chance being PSTV compatible).

Whelp, whether or not I'll be capable of purchasing your game... it still looks pretty cool (huge fan of Outrun and Yu Suzuki in general (not that Suzuki has anything to do with your game other than being a (potential) inspiration))!
(BTW, I'm from California)

[NG] brandon

Postby [NG] brandon » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:23 am

Yeah, Sony has to decide whether we can be on there themselves!! So that's why it's not on - it's a separate vetting process, which I'm still trying to push them toward!
HONK HONK

Espiox

Postby Espiox » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:09 am

Any updates on this? The PSM store shutdown is coming soon!

[NG] brandon

Postby [NG] brandon » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:09 pm

Yes, unfortunately the update is that nobody has gotten back to me about this, meaning I can say with a pretty high level of confidence that it's not happening! Very sorry :(
HONK HONK

Espiox

Postby Espiox » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:48 pm

Oh :(

[NG] brandon

Postby [NG] brandon » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:01 am

I know... not exactly the answer anyone wanted to hear.
HONK HONK

Return to “Necrosoft”