Making a pseudo 3D world

[NG] brandon

Making a pseudo 3D world

Postby [NG] brandon » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:06 pm

I wrote up a huuuuuuuuuge thing about making pseudo 3D worlds, and I thought y'all might enjoy it. I was going to re-post it here, but there's so much dang formatting it'd take me a million years, so read it here! http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/BrandonS ... _trade.php

let me know what you think!!
HONK HONK

adamazing

Fantastic!

Postby adamazing » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:48 pm

Thanks for writing that and sharing it! I love reading stuff like this. It makes me feel smart! I'm reading Nathan Altice's, "I Am Error," right now (when not Periscoping Oh, Deer!), and this reminds me a bit of it... basically, explaining how everything works and why it's done the way it is.

I wish everyone wrote about their games in this way. I always assumed they don't because they don't want to give away "secrets," but this benefits everyone! Everyone can make better stuff when everyone knows all the hot tips!

Thanks again for sharing!
CAUTION: Challenge of over 100 3D moves.

Nana

Re: Making a pseudo 3D world

Postby Nana » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:43 pm

Great read! As someone obsessed with pseudo-3D and making a sprite scaling game myself, this was pretty insightful for more than a few design practices. Thanks for posting it!

I'd love to see Decinoge talking more about the code as well, but I know that's a bit of a huge longshot there.

[NG] brandon

Postby [NG] brandon » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:57 am

I wish everyone wrote about their games in this way.

me too! but realistically nobody's gonna get any "secrets" from me because I am really just on the surface of it. Everything that makes it special is inside, and kind of invisible to me because I don't know code things! weee.

I'd love to see Decinoge talking more about the code as well

I can ask him to do it eventually!!
HONK HONK

Dropsy

Postby Dropsy » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:14 pm

This was how I first heard about you guys and Oh, Deer! Loved the article and it made me super excited for the final final incarnation of the game.

[NG] brandon

Postby [NG] brandon » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:03 am

Oh!! That's neat!! I'm glad you liked it, and I sure hope we secure a publisher deal for the final incarnation sooooon.

Feel free to share some Dropsy info somewhere on here too, if you like.
HONK HONK

[NG] Shane

Postby [NG] Shane » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:53 pm

I'd love to hear more about your Dropsy too! My friends and I have been talking about it!

DosE

Postby DosE » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:20 am

hanks for the explamanation, it made my morning, and helped me forget the awful cicket that ruined my slumber GODDAMNED NEW HOUSE HAS NO WINDOWS!(no heat either!) Sonofabitchincocksuckin'!!
If yer gonna piss in your Chlorox, don't smoke.

Return to “Necrosoft”